1.1 Your Privacy
1.2 Information We Collect
We may collect and process your personal information in the course of our business, in particular when (i) your personal information is provided to us in the course of providing services either to you or to one or more of our clients (as a result of your relationship with one or more of our clients) or when your personal information is provided to us in the course of providing services to us either by you or by our agents and contractors (as a result of your relationship with one or more of our agents or contractors); and/or (ii) your personal information is obtained from other sources including publicly available sources; and/or (iii) when you contact us and/or request information from us or when you use our website.
The personal information that we collect and process may typically include your name (including name prefix or title), the business you work for, your title or position in the business, contact information (such as your email address, phone number, postal address), information provided for the purposes of meetings, interviews, recruitment, events and other personal information which you may provide or which may be otherwise provided to us. A description of the information that we collect and process when you use our website and in other situations described below:
- Other Communications. Equitum may collect personal information that you provided to us in response to communications that are addressed to you.
1.3 Use of Information
We collect and process your personal information in several ways, as described below:
- Where you register with us and provide personal information about yourself or if you provide us with personal information about yourself in other ways, we will use your personal information for the purposes for which it was provided, which may include contacting you and providing you with the information that you have requested from Equitum. We may also use your personal information to keep you informed about events, publications and services provided by Equitum that may be of interest to you. You can opt out of receiving such direct marketing communications at any time by sending us e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
a. We may share your personal information with our agents or contractors in connection with services that these individuals or entities perform for Equitum. These individuals or entities are not authorized by us to use or disclose this personal information except as necessary to provide services to Equitum, or if required to do so under applicable law. We may, for example, provide your personal information to agents or contractors for hosting our databases, for data processing services, for processing online registration forms for events, or so that they can mail you information you requested.
b. We may disclose personal information we have about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or pursuant to legal process, (ii) in response to a request from law enforcement authorities or other government officials, including to meet national security requirements, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is reasonably necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss in connection with an investigation of suspected illegal activity.
c. We use your personal information for the following business interests:
- the provision of legal or other services (including use of personal information of other persons on behalf of our clients);
- the administration of our business (including fulfilling and exercising our legal, regulatory and risk management obligations and rights, exercising or defending legal claims and managing the relationship with you and our clients);
- our human resources function (including for the purposes of recruitment);
- the maintenance of records; and
- marketing and promotion of our services.
d.The legal basis for processing your personal information includes one or more of the following:
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract (such as contract for provision of legal services) to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract for the performance of services;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Equitum as the controller of the personal information is subject;
- processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Equitum as the controller or by a third party (such as exercise or defense of legal claims or proceedings);
- the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal information for one or more specified purposes.
1.4 How We Protect Your Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the personal information we collect and process. However, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal information during their transmission to our website or to us.
1.5 Retention policy
1.6 Your Rights In Respect Of Your Personal Information
You have the legal rights listed below:
- access to a copy of your personal information;
- objection to processing of your personal information, including objection to processing of your personal information on the grounds that processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party and objection to processing of your personal information for direct marketing (in cases where such personal information are processed for direct marketing purposes);
- objection to automated decision-making and profiling;
- restriction of processing of your personal information;
- your personal information portability;
- rectification of your personal information;
- erasure of your personal information; and
- withdrawal of the consent to the processing of your personal information (if the processing is based on this consent).
In some cases, these rights are subject to conditions and limitations. These rights are in more detail described in the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on the Protection of Natural Persons with Regard to the Processing of Personal Data and on the Free Movement of Such Data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)) and other applicable laws.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights listed above please write to us at email@example.com. We will consider each such request in accordance with all applicable data protection laws and regulations. No administration fee will be charged for considering and/or complying with such a request unless the request is deemed to be manifestly unfounded or excessive.
3. How to Contact Us
writing to us at: “Equitum” EOOD. Plovdiv, st. “Kapitan Raicho” 56. GRAND, fl. 4, office 14.